The Next Step in the Evolution of AI Design
Autodesk® Gameware Navigation 2015 is an artificial intelligence middleware that provides automatic NavMesh generation, hierarchical pathfinding, and path following in complex game environments. Character and obstacle avoidance, splines and channels for animation-driven locomotion, dynamic NavMesh, and swappable sectors are supported out-of-the-box. Gameware Navigation is designed to enable developers to create ambitious, more complex AI.
The successor of Autodesk® Kynapse®, Gameware Navigation improves the AI design experience in several significant ways:
- All new API and algorithm design for easier understanding and implementation.
- Completely re-designed runtime architecture increasing performance and efficiency.
- Ability to extend NavMesh using NavGraph and tagging with blind data.
- Extensible, remote visual debugging tools with record and playback functionality.
- Developers gain full source code access for complete transparency and customization.