Autodesk® Fabrication CADmep 2016 software* supports the detailing, fabrication, and installation process for mechanical, plumbing, and sheet metal contractors. Use real-world, manufacturer-specific content to extend design-intent models and help create specification-driven building services models that are ready for construction.
Support the extension of design-intent to detailing:
- Help reduce model rework with the use of tools that extend generic design models from Autodesk® Revit® 2016 software** and Autodesk® Revit® MEP 2016 software into Autodesk Fabrication CADmep 2016 software to help create detailed models that are ready for construction.
- Create constructible models in Autodesk Fabrication CADmep 2016 software using tools that extend designs from Autodesk® AutoCAD® MEP 2016 software.
- Work on design-intent underlays (DWG, DWF, and PDF) to help develop designs into constructible models using design line drawing tools.
Connect detailing to field-readiness and fabrication:
- Open models that have been detailed with Fabrication Parts in Autodesk® Revit® 2016 software** and Autodesk® Revit® MEP 2016 software in Autodesk Fabrication CADmep 2016 for shop drawing creation and field-readiness.
- Drive greater fabrication efficiency with information-rich spool sheets/shop drawings to support fabrication shop floor workflows.
- Prepare for field layout by adding location point data to components in the model that can be used with robotic instruments on the job site.
More seamlessly integrate:
- Share models with Autodesk® Fabrication ESTmep 2016 software to produce more accurate estimates and cost analysis (based on material, wastage, labor, fabrication, installation, and other costs), value engineering, and variation-tracking documentation to help monitor bottom-line projections throughout detailing, fabrication, and installation.
- Help reduce data loss during the sheet metal manufacturing process by sharing ductwork components from the Fabrication CADmep model directly within Autodesk® Fabrication CAMduct 2016 software.
- Perform cloud-based coordination and collaboration and gain almost anytime access to the model for field interrogation with Autodesk® BIM 360 Glue® software.
- Track components from the fabrication shop to the field and record installation performance at the job site by integrating with Autodesk® BIM 360 Field software.